- Meditation Can Improve Your Heart And Overall Health
- Meditation is a method of calming the mind and reaching a state of awareness that is unlike your waking state. It’s a way to tap into your unconscious mind. It is an ancient practice that has been trending in recent years.
- Studies over the past two decades show that this practice can help reduce your risk of heart disease. This is why more people are now adding it to their lifestyle.
- Heart Of Meditation
- Meditation involves sitting quietly with your eyes closed and focusing on your breathing or a mental picture. It could also involve repeating a single word or phrase called a “mantra”. The goal is to keep your mind focused on the present moment and away from stressful or other thoughts. As your mind, calms down, so does your body.
Directions: Take a seat
There are many ways to meditate, but here is a simple routine to get you started:
- Sit on the floor or on a chair and close your eyes. Breathe slowly.
- Relax your muscles, start with your feet, legs, and thighs.
- Roll your shoulders back slightly, and tilt your head to the left and then right.
- Say the word “peace”, a phrase that calms you- or count 1-3 while slowly inhale a breathe on one, then slowly exhale… 2 slowly inhale and exhale. Repeat up 5 times.
- Repeat the patten up to 15-20 minutes while using a timer.
- If your thoughts wander (and they will), go back to repeating the pattern.
American Heart Association
- Photo by Pixabay on Pexels.com